Monday, October 12, 2009

Pastelería Española (Spanish Bakery)




Many Spanish people have told me there is nothing quite like Spanish baked goods. It is true when looking in the windows of Spanish bakeries all the sweets look so decadent and fancy but to be quite honest I haven’t been a big fan of the flavour of any of these goods the bakeries produce. Lets be real, they ain’t got nothing on West Seattle’s Bakery Nuvo or my personal favorite, the little doughnut shop at the Pike Place Market. Probably just as well, less temptation. There is one thing that is worth trying however, its called a palmera, a heart shaped pastry and my personal choice is the one that comes dipped in chocolate. So during my time here I am on a quest to find the best palmera Madrid has to offer, one selfless deed I will do to make others trip here to Madrid more enjoyable!

Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment